The piano competition was wonderful--so many VERY talented young men and women.
They divided the finalists into two divisions, Junior (7th & 8th grade), and Senior (9th & 10th grade). They began with the junior division and I was completely amazed! But, then, the senior division finalists played and I was blown away. Not only were they talented pianists, but they all carried themselves and conducted themselves so well.
And, of course, I was so proud of our Olga (she's the third from the right in the photo--that's her piano teacher next to her in red). Although Olga did not place in the top three (Senior division), she played her piece like we've never heard it before--several of the other piano teachers expressed their surprise that she's played only four and a half years. As a finalist, not only did she get an incredible opportunity and gain valuable experience, she was awarded a monetary prize for making it to this final stage.
This is just another example of how DH and I are "enjoying the ride" as being parents of two wonderful gifts from God--via adoption!
1 comment:
Great job!! I wish I could hear her play...
Blessings
Ramona
Post a Comment