Saturday, October 06, 2007

Olga is now a full-fledged legal driver!



This was my response tonight (yes, I AM hamming it up!!) when Olga drove away for the first time without a licensed driver (i.e. dad or me) in the front seat. Yip, she got her license Thursday, so we let her and Nina go do a little shopping and see a movie while we entertained our dinner group.

I'm glad to report that both girls returned home safely later in the evening--and a bit "older" in some ways. Sigh...where has the time gone??

7 comments:

jen said...

LOL! You are so funny! I have this coming up soon too, with one of mine.

Dad looks like he's ok with it!

Connie said...

I must admit, I often pull out the "drama queen" for/with our girls!! :-)

And, dad's just got a tough exterior, inside he's just melting away!!! :-)

In all seriousness, Olga has done a really nice job with her driving. Of course, there are areas that still need work, but we really can't complain (too much!).

Kristine said...

Oh my! We've got a ways to go, and I'm doing my best to simply enjoy the children while they're the age they are; knowing that I'll wake up one day, Lord-willing, with both of them grown and caring for friends and family of their own.

Oh, and I loved the look on your face!

Marcian said...

oh my, are those hail dents on the hood?!?!

*sigh* I miss Oklahoma.

Connie said...

marcian: You're GOOD!!!! I wouldn't expect your average blog reader to even notice!!! But, yes it is hail damage--spring storm 2003!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oye! This is a good face for this situation! :)

ramona said...

Ahhhh, I remember that day well when Jennifer finally got her license! I was SO excited, yet SO nervous, too. Now she is married and we have five other teen drivers in the home, so it is "old" hat now.

Well, except for times like last Sunday, when one of OUR cars suddenly went zipping past Mom on the interstate REAL fast (driven by one of our boys, of course)... Don't try that at home, or anywhere else for that matter.

See you soon!
Ramona