Friday, May 02, 2008

Piano Recital ~ 2008


Nina played, Journey in the Night, by Gillock



Olga played, Sonata No. 25, Op. 79, Presto alla tedesca, by Beethoven

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the great detailed info on your blog about adopting older children. I am sure that we could learn a lot from your experiences! Love the piano recital photos! God bless your family!
Melanie Hall

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the great detailed info on your blog about adopting older children. I am sure that we could learn a lot from your experiences! Love the piano recital photos! God bless your family!
Melanie Hall

Connie said...

melanie: thanks for stopping by! Your adoption story has been a joy to follow, and I continue to pray for you and your family. My burning desire is for Christian adoptive families to come alongside each other to encourage and build each other up as we seek to glorify God through our parenting the precious--and often challenging--children He has blessed us with!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Hi Connie,

Your girls are gorgeous! It's nice to see children adopted at an older age thriving:)

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm glad to know that we aren't the only ones going through these struggles. Karina is getting a little better. She still looks at all the shoes that are 'inappropriate' for little girls, but now she says she'll wear them when she gets big. It doesn't help though that her foot is big enough for them. lol I think the wanting shoes that just fit is an orphanage thing. We left a pair of shoes for another little girl that fit her with a little room for her toes to breathe, and she thought they were too big. We had to tell her they weren't too big. I also think they may not be realistic on how big they really are. They can't judge their own size. We bought Karina some shoes yesterday and she thought they looked too big when they just fit her. She also picks out clothes off the rack that are way too small.

BTW - We homeschool in TX. My older three have always been homeschooled. Karina is doing a phonics CDrom that she says is 'internet' school. lol